Firstly, wishing you a happy and successful 2019 and thanking you all for your support in 2018.
We are in the final lap of the run up to the Inquiry. So far we are on track and have submitted everything on time. We are in good shape to prevent Ellesmere Port from being turned into the centre of a gas extraction industry, it all remains to be lost or won on the day.
The Inquiry will be held at Chester Town Hall at 10am from 15th to 18th and 22nd to 24th January 2019.
Evidence will be provided by the following expert witnesses:
- Location and Risk, Colin D Watson B.Eng., C.Eng., MIET
- Air Quality and Public Health, Professor Andrew Watterson PhD, CFIOSH
- Environmental Impact and Public Health, Dr Patrick Saunders FRCP FFPH
- Social Harm, Dr Anna Szolucha MA Hons. PhD
- Geology, Robin Grayson MSc
- Inadequacies in the geological investigations, Professor David Smythe BSc, PhD
- Climate Change, Professor Kevin Anderson PhD, CEng, FIMechE
- Economic Sustainability, David Plunkett MSc
- Planning, Jackie Copley BA(Hons), PgCert, MA, MRTPI
Summaries of this evidence are on our website “ellesmereportfrackfree.uk”.
The “Keep Cheshire Frack Free” Rally” will be on the first morning of the Inquiry outside Chester Town Hall at 9.30am. For more information please see the Facebook event.
The inspector will be interested in attendance at the Inquiry as a measure of local concern. Please pop in if you are able, even if it is just for an hour or two when you are in town shopping.
If anyone wants to speak for 5 minutes to express your concerns please let us know and we will arrange with the Inspector.
We are still short of funds to pay for our defence at the Inquiry, if you can contribute, please do sowww.gofundme.com/ellesmere-port-appeal-fund